The Girls

The Girls

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rice Lake Sock Hop

Brynn's school, Rice Lake, had mentioned in its newsletter that there would be a Sock Hop at the end of January.  I didn't think much of it and was not intending to go.  One night when I was tucking Brynn into bed, she said that there was a sock thing in the gym and it was really important that she go.  After she indicated an interest, I of course agreed to take her.  Gramma, Papa, Brynn, Bria and I all went.  I dressed the girls in what I thought was sock hop appropriate apparel. 

I was SHOCKED when I got there at just what a big deal the sock hop is.  Apparently it is THE premiere event at Rice Lake Elementary school  75% of the girls had full on poodle skirt outfits.  Clearly I know what I need to be purchasing next Halloween!  We had a great time and the girls danced the night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment