The Girls

The Girls

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Inaugural post and Inaugural baby!

This is my inaugural post.  Inspired entirely by my sister-in-law, Nastassia, and her new blog (fletchergriffin.blogspot.com).  It seems like such a good idea that I had to follow suit.  Entirely appropriate then to have my first post be about our recent trip to go see Nastassia, Ryan (my brother), and Baby Fletcher.  Fletcher was born on October 14, 2010.  My parents (Mike and Pat) and I took the girls down to see him last weekend.  A picture of him, taken by my sister, Ashley, with excellent assistance by me, is below.


Isn't he ADORABLE?  He did pee twice while we took pictures.  Once on his face.  Which Brynn and Bria thought was hysterical.  Speaking of Brynn and Bria ... they were ECSTATIC to be able to hold him "by myself."  I was impressed that Ryan and Nastassia were so easy about letting them hold Baby Fletcher alone.


You may wonder why I say "Baby Fletcher" and not just Fletcher.  Well ... if you ask Brynn and Bria, that is his proper name.  On the drive back from Chicago, we were playing a game where one person thought of a word starting with a letter and the other people had to guess the word.  Brynn said "B."  Then she gave the hint that it was something we saw over the weekend.  Turned out she was thinking of "Baby Fletcher."

While in Chicago we got family pictures of the whole group.  One is shown below.  Yes, Brynn looks a little bit sullen.  But, all in all, not bad for 10 people!!


At the end of the photo shoot, we realized that we hadn't taken any pictures of just me and the girls.  The photographer was gracious and quickly snapped a few.  I didn't like myself in any of them.  I know, I know...  The photographer was then even MORE gracious and took several more.  They turned out pretty cute.


While trying to fill out our entire photo package, we realized it is very important to take pictures of each child individually as well for collages.  Oh well.  Now we know!

No comments:

Post a Comment